We took a quick performance video when power testing the pair of Blade 180 Rapidstrikes that we were working on over the weekend. Only half-assembled (we were just testing to see if the rewire was successful after all), but you can see the raw performance. Since one of the two is a personal build, hopefully I'll get some chrony data on it in the coming weeks.
Quick specs on the build:
-3S (11.1v) 20C 4000mAh LiPo pack w/ Deans connection
-Blade 180 flywheel motors
-Stock pusher motor
-16AWG full rewire, all electronic locks bypassed
-10A microswitch swap for the flywheel rev switch
We got an odd request to make a stryfe/rough cut masterkey that would serve as a Gears of War cosplay prop (fully functional though). Before anyone goes off about the absence of an orange tip and the nearly all-black paintjob, this was specifically requested by the commissioner, who assured us that a temporary orange tip and extreme caution/safety would be used in cases/places that warranted it.
"Flat Dark Earth" paintjob - black vinyl dye primer coat, Ultra-flat black main coat, matt clear coat). Came out very "earthy"
Bloody red Gears of War cog tag logo
Masterkey style integration
Selective-slamfire capability on forward pump
Pesky top-lock removal
18 round mag with notch and shaving to work in reverse
Mag painted to mask ammo count, except for single stripe
We had a commission come in where the owner wanted a Jolt to have the last inch of the priming handle be removed and be able to reattach via screw. We don't judge, so we accepted.It's now removable via a 6-32x machine screw and nut. The screw fully nests into the bore of the priming bar, so it can effectively lengthen the bar if not screwed in all the way.
Here is a link to our "guide" on selecting the right power supply for your setup, as well as what to look for and where to browse. This page is not currently booked on our page bar on the blog, but the link will be permalinked somewhere on the sidebar, and is also available on our FB page as a note.
Here we have Sam's pair of Deadpool themed Hammershots (to pair with his invitational costume and Stryfe set). Blood spattered (and by spattered we mean bathed) paintjob and zany Deadpool characteristic quotes (which, granted, could have been written better), but c'mon, it's DEADPOOL.
Sam's Deadpool Costume
Also, if you haven't bought/played this game yet,
GO BUY IT, GO BUY IT AND PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!1!!!!!
Jumped up over 40k views on the gallery while I wasn't paying attention today, just wanted to say thanks to our followers for the support and our customers for their money (I mean you got some pretty nifty mods in return).
In honor of our 100th post, I present to you: JSI's first Blade 180 motor swaps. These things are insane, and due to the cold weather and lack of chrony, I unfortunately did not get a range test or fps data.
Anyways, these are the definition of OP. I wouldn't want to shot with them and I made them. They scare me. They're probably louder than a chainsaw; wouldn't surprise me.
All 3 models have exactly the same specs, and are all similar paintjobs.
Red/Black marbled blood spatter paintjob (black vinyl dye primer coat, red main coat, matte clear coat)
Complete internal rewire with 18 AWG wire
Motor swap with Blade 180 motors (L/R) with resettable PTC fuses
Shell modification to support larger LiPo packs (3S 5500mAh+)
Battery pack: Bias 3S 25C 5500mAh LiPo
Genuine Deans connectors
EGP20F diode on pusher motor for ROF stability
Custom vinyl lettering on side: "TCK"
Pain comes standard
These are like 98% the same as TorukMakto4's setup as seen in this video, I wish that I would have thought to video the performance before packing them up to send off, the commissioner needed them (across the country) for a Nerf war happening on Saturday so these were shipped pretty much right after completion and testing yesterday (Tuesday).
We've gone dark for a few months now, but rest assured we're still here working away in the background. Just posting the last few things we've finished to get caught up for (hopefully) what will be a crowning achievement tomorrow (possibly?).
Here we have a pretty standard haul on an EAT with a nice Red/Black repaint that the commissioner dubbed "the JSI Edition Red Strike series." Hey, we don't have a problem with that, when the first words out of his mouth were "it looks like the plastic came out of the box this way." Oh the wonders of vinyl dye and clear coats. However, we were asked to retain all orange pieces as orange for HvZ legality (Purdue is cracking down on it's "simulated firearms" bs rules...).
Red/Black "JSI Edition Red Strike" paintjob (3x black vinyl dye undercoat, 2x red Krylon main coat, 3x matte clear top coat.
Basic internals (AR removal, Half-lock & bolt lock out - slamfire lock obviously retained)
OWM 2x spring addition
Imbued with the badass, zombie slaying spirit of 1000 fallen soldiers (really) (but not really) (but really).